BRAND FILMS FOR STREAMING PLATFORMS
Every brand and agency needs an entertainment strategy for commercial-free streaming platforms. We are living in the golden age of documentaries. Today:
- Documentaries influence public opinion and international policy
- Documentaries create cultural moments & global conversations
- 73% of Netflix subscribers (182M) tune in to docs
- Nearly 20% of the Cannes film market is now devoted to docs At the same time, more and more global brands are finding success with brand-sponsored documentaries:
- Unilever has Unilever Entertainment
- Other brands breaking into the documentary space include KitchenAid, Verizon, J&J, Walgreens and many others With an authentic, sponsored documentary, University of Phoenix can entertain consumers on the commercial-free platforms consumers use to watch film and TV.
Benefits of Sponsored Docs
- No media buy or talent costs: Feature documentaries follow the independent ﬁlm distribution model
- Recoup costs: Sponsors can sell feature docs and recoup production costs.
- Widely distributed: There is a global market for feature-length documentaries.
- Widespread reach: Docs create great pr and sponsors can build on the impact of a documentary with their own pr campaign.
- Succeed at film & advertising festivals: Our ﬁlm "lo and behold” premiered at Sundance and won the Grand Clio. Our ﬁlm “5b” premiered at the Cannes Film Festival and won the entertainment lions grand prix and grand Clio Health Award.
- Measurable results: As a direct result of “Lo and Behold,” NetScout’s media impressions increased by 10X. The ﬁlm also inspired the largest number of new-business inquiries in NetScout’s 30-year history.
Far From Timid has partnered with Saville Productions to help our clients reach consumers at film festivals, in theaters, and on commercial-free services like Netflix.
Interested in a brand film to change the conversation? Book a free, fun 30-minute Brand Therapy session
RELEVANT CASE STUDIES
5B film for Johnson & Johnson was directed by Academy Award nominee Dan Krauss for Johnson & Johnson. You can watch the trailer and case study for 5B here.
Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World was directed by Werner Herzog for the tech brand NetScout. You can watch the trailer and case study for Lo and Behold here.